ElectriFI contracted a USD 2 million senior debt to support REDAVIA C&I solar rental expansion in Ghana in December 2018 and additional USD 3.1 m in April 2022 to support REDAVIA C&I solar rental expansion in Ghana and Kenya.
ElectriFI contracted a USD 2 million senior debt to support REDAVIA C&I solar rental expansion in Ghana.
REDAVIA offers rental solar power for businesses and communities – with a regional focus on East and West Africa. The REDAVIA system is based on a preconfigured container model, including high-performance solar modules and high-quality electrical components. It is easy to ship, set up, scale and redeploy. Businesses and communities benefit from a cost-effective clean energy solution without the need for upfront investment or technical skills, supporting the reduction of carbon emissions and increasing the impact on a sustainable society. After a first USD 2 million investment in REDAVIA in 2018, EDFI ElectriFI committed USD 3.1 million to support REDAVIA C&I solar rental expansion in Ghana and Kenya.
- Contract signature date: December 2018
- Total ElectriFI financing: USD 2 m
- Status: exited
Follow on investment:
- Contract signature date: April 2022
- Countries: Ghana and Kenya
- Total ElectriFI financing: USD 3.1m (Kenya Country Window USD2m and global USD1.1m)
EDFI ElectriFI supports REDAVIA C&I solar rental expansion in Ghana and Kenya.
REDAVIA plays a catalytic role in bringing solar PV solutions to medium-sized enterprises in Ghana and Kenya. It revolutionizes the energy access and brings strong economic benefits for the off-takers.
- Redavia | ElectriFI
- ElectriFI supports Redavia’s expansion in Ghana’s C&I sector | ElectriFI
- EDFI ElectriFI announces successful exit of USD2M loan to REDAVIA, and further investment in the group’s expansion in Kenya and Ghana | ElectriFI
- Solar In Ghana | Affordable solar power for businesses and communities (redaviasolar.com)
USD 3.1m in 2022
2019 and 2022
Targeted impact – Number of beneficiaries
Targeted impact – Annual output (MWh/y)
Targeted impact – GHG avoidance (tCO2eq/y)